Sunday, January 3, 2010

If you don't have a bowl, borrow one from your neighbor.

When I started my blog I promised my friend Bobbi I'd write a post featuring her signature hairstyle, the bowl cut. So this one's for you Boobsie.

Bowl cuts are something I'm sure we're all familiar with. I've had one. It was a result of getting gum stuck in my hair at the age of two. I've also given one. Unfortunately the recipient wasn't so keen on the look and I have never had a chance to trim any locks since... Sorry Harv.

This universal and popular style is most visible among the toddler set, but some of us folk who can legally purchase those sweet Benson and Hedges menthols and Boon's sangria are catching on again. An ode to the bowl cut in all it's forms is in order. Spread the word, and your shears. And find a large basin of course...

I don't know who this kid is,
but I like him (her?)


This guy's pretty boss too


Don't lie, you gave your dolls bowl cuts too


Some celebrity trend setters, sporting the coif of our favorite people, the friars.

The Beatles



Peggy Moffitt


Karen O

Bjork


The bowl cut is so fashion, even models and designers are making the look they're own.

Agyness Deyn


Irina Lazareanu


Tao Okamoto, inspiration for the 
3.1 Phillip Lim fall 2009 runway hair


YSL fall 2008


Some more amazing bowl cuts and their equally magnificent counterpart, the undercut.







I will leave you with a transformational makeover video. If this is too complex for you, just remember, the method is in the name.


THEY'RE NOT JUST FOR ASIANS! THEY'RE FOR PONIES TOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment