Friday, February 12, 2010

ARIBAARIBAARIBA!!!

Mexico City Day 1 and 2.


Wowwaweewa! Me gusta Mexico! 


El frio me la pela. In other words, me gusta el sol. I don't need to go on about the weather, you already know. I'm one of the only senoritas not wearing pants, I get a lot of looks. No matter, I love my uniform of dresses here in the biggest city on Earth.


I haven't seen one other white girl yet, a few gringos, but no ladies. People on the Metro like to stare, they probably think I'm nuts when I'm traveling alone; They probably think the same when I'm traveling with Marvin because we're always drinking canned Jack Daniels con pop.


So far I've spent the majority of my time exploring downtown on foot, smoking cheap cigarettes, drinking cervecas and eating delicious quesadillas and pastries. Every Mexican I know has warned me that I'm going to get sick, but so far so good. My Spanish is terrible, but everyone is too nice to tell me otherwise (or maybe I just don't understand when they make jokes at my expense). I try to speak to everyone in Spanish and read all of the signs and plaques I can find.


So now, some photos from the past two days...

Hola Daniel!!!

La casa de Daniel,
ceniceros for everyone!

FEB 10 - DAY 1

View of Bellas Artes from Daniel's studio

Industrial design exhibit @ Museo de las Culturas
(no cameras allowed!)

Zocalo


un baño

outside of el baño

Regina is full of cuteness,
me gusta los perros!




Daniel...

...Echo

cervecas y marlboros

FEB 11 - DAY 2

historical photos of Bellas Artes y La Cathedral


Alameda Park

!!!

Monumento de Benito Juarez

La Torre del Cavillito (little horse!)

Angel de la Independencia

graffiti Chilangos

Ya, so, I'm pretty much having way more fun than you.

MEXICOPERROCONPONY

No comments:

Post a Comment